Thursday, August 30, 2007

Introduction

Greetings fellow curly haired people! I am Ingrid and I am one of the many people in the world blessed to have curly hair. Through the years, I discovered many different types of curly hair. There is this very interesting and informative book I read that helped me determine which kind of curls I have. The book is called Curly Girl: The Handbook I have Botticelli curls. This means I have medium curls that are longer. That's not to say I don't have tight curls, because I do, as long as the correct product is used. A good friend of mine, (the one who let me borrow that book) has Corkscrew Curls. Wavy hair is the last type of curly hair.

I've also tried many different products such as my favorite, John Frieda - his products are amazing, the philosophy products from Sephora, Infusium 23 and various Redken products. All of the marvelous products can be found at the websites by clicking on the html links above. My favorite products, brief summaries and photos are coming soon. Please feel free to comment with your experiences and/or findings.

Photo: Personal photograph

3 comments:

  1. I actually have curly hair too. Mine are tight corkscrew curls. Is there any particular name in your book for curls like mine? Over the years of learning to maintain my hair, I have found hair products containing silicone work best because they help tame the frizz. I am looking forward to reading more of your advice and the advice you post from the book you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to have curly hair. My hair is fairly straight, but it still gets frizzy, especially when it's humid outside. I might try some of the products you mentioned to see if they help control the frizz. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you hit the mark on what to write, I am always interested in what is best for my hair.

    ReplyDelete